Monday, September 3, 2012

Project 1: Triptych Digital Montage


With this piece I used a bunch of images that represent things that are important to me and have been inspiring for what I want to do. Digital media is a big part of my life. I’ve loved video games all my life and still do. I want them to always be a part of my life, so I put images from ones that have become important to me over the years, the ones that I always look to and will never, ever forget.  Along with video games, some cartoons have been influential I used some images and concept art from one of my favorite shows is in here.  I also used my own photography for that waterfall image.  All the images that I scanned were from a GameInformer magazine. I’ll call this triptych “Made Me Realize”.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your use of color, it seems almost rainbow-like in fashion. The Master Sword in the middle seems to be a mental resting place from the rest of the busy nature of the montage. My favorite aspect of the piece is the red stripe leading the eye through all three of the pieces. Lastly in the frame of the far left - the red circling design next to the waterfall photo gives me a sense of opposing forces of water and (seemingly) fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool. without reading your description, I can tell that you like video games or something digital. I think your art piece is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As said before, the open ocean of digital media tends to bring out the 'personality' in one's self. I feel I immediately get a mental idea of your interest(s) from these! Nostalgia is often a visual tool sought after, and often even the first, when brainstorming or considering an idea. I would push that as far as you can. What I admire most conceptually is the insertion of your own photograph (the waterfall) from the past into these additional figments of the past. You found the personal with the impersonal. Develop it! As it stands, these game images look visually compelling in its color and composition and I like that retro influence in its clarity. That is good. However, you can be "great" by personalizing 'why' you feel these colorful games are worthy of existing on the same timeline as your own life (as illustrated in panel 1). As it stands, one more naive viewer might just construe it as an "advertisement" even if it is very pretty. PS : The "out west" text also contains a subset of ideas to possibly develop on too... Such as where in the "east" DO these games/nostalgias come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of color is great, all of your pieces blend together. Your personality is clearly shown as well which I really love and believe that is what art is about. The one in the middle seems most appealing to the eye in that it looks as though all your little pieces came together so well that it became one great singular piece.

    ReplyDelete